Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mongolia Update 7/5/12

Zuunbayan

We went to bed at 10:15 last night but I couldn't get to sleep until after 2:00a.m. Ugh. I guess the one good thing about not being able to sleep is I get up and study scripture and pray. We read Psalm 119 as part of devotions this morning and when I saw verse 148, I had to laugh. Tsogoo took off with the county governor this morning and spent the day training herders. I was bummed not to go but I am so exhausted it was best to stay and teach English and rest. I did get a two-hour nap which was wonderful. The girls and I went and visited Selenge this evening. I finished my crossstitch while we were there so she could see the finished product. When it came time to say goodbye, I was surprised how sad it made me. I will truly miss her.
This afternoon, five girls came to learn how to crochet from Urynga and Tsoomoo. After about an hour, they had me come and give part of my testimony. Urynga shared her testimony with them as well. The two girls in the front row listened so closely. They are very open and are talking of going to church. I hope they do. Temuujin translated for me and I think it went pretty well.
There were no fights in English class today but Temuujin was helping a student and the boy shoved him hard. Temuujin was understandably angry and scolded the student. The boy cried but from what I understand, Temuujin said nothing wrong, the kid just didn't like the consequences of his actions.
Walking back from Selenge's

The setting sun in Zuunbayan

Tsoomoo and Urynga with two little girls.

Me with some of the girls who listened to my testimony

My crossstitch; a sparrow on a tea towel. I gave it to Tsegii as a gift

No comments:

Post a Comment