Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mongolia Update 6/19/12

Ulaanbadrakh

Today was outright discouraging. The children showed up on time, eager and pencils in hand, but we got told by the principal that we cannot have English class nor can we have people in our room for meals and such. She didn't want us going and visiting families either. What a setback....at least in our eyes. I felt a bit like maybe I came all this way for nothing. Then Jesus reminded me that He will never waste my time so there is a purpose in all of this even if I do not see one.
All these cute little buildings are shops where you can buy things like water, some clothing, chocolate, and coke


We all went to Bhynaa's (the vet) house this afternoon and made botchz for supper. Botchz are steamed meat pastries and a national food. Tsegii and Tsogoo were so kind and made me some that were just meat and onion, no offal. Praise God! I really wasn't feeling up to round two of organ meats. After this trip, I don't know if I can eat lamb ever again.
We spent a good part of the afternoon napping (Mexico isn't the only country that believes in siestas :) and when I awoke, somehow Tsogoo and I had been left. (Him because he's sick and me because I'm the foreigner and obviously need more rest haha. At least that's my guess. Or we were simply fast asleep when everyone else vanished.) However, in mere minutes Naraa appeared with ice cream cones. What a delicious treat on a hot day. The cones are a little softer than American ones but they taste pretty much the same and it was soft serve vanilla ice cream. So good.
This evening, we all went out and prayed south of the village. We are trusting God to make great things happen.
And tonight, Naraa and I laughed at Kherlan beating at a bee that had somehow flown into our room. It was funnier than it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment