Friday, July 13, 2012

3rd Mongolia Update 6/12/12

UB, Mongolia

I cannot believe I have only been here one day. It feels like several. The people are so kind. I worked in the CE department today putting together things for the countryside. I had lunch with Altaa. (They schedule us for lunch and supper with different members of the staff each day). She told me her story of coming out of Buddhism to a relationship with Jesus. How she was so angry when her daughter became a Christian that she kicked her out of the house. Then she overheard the daughter telling her little brother about Jesus' teachings of loving and forgiving one another and "I realize: these no bad things. These are good things." How people at V.E.T. Net prayed for her for two years and her daughter didn't give up.
After lunch, Tsogoo and Tsomoo helped me put the booklets together that will be used to teach the herders this summer. It was nice to have the help and the company even though we mostly worked in silence.
Supper was spaghetti and brownies at the Ballengers. Then off to the airport to pick up my bags! I was very glad they came and everything seems ok. God is definitely working on me because normally I'm a total control freak and everything has to go according to plan. However, even though I was missing all my luggage I was very relaxed about it and knew that I could always pick up a change of clothes and whatever else I needed at the department store before I head to the countryside. As Mary Ballenger said, I'm "a great Asian size." Haha sometimes it pays to be short.

Other notes from today:

-I didn't notice the pollution in the city until I woke up with a headache. The sky is fairly clear (nowhere near as bad as China) but apparently there is still enough junk in the air that it got to me.
-Besides the headache when I woke up, I saw a pigeon peeking in my bedroom window. Good thing I slept with the window shut or I would've had a bird in the apartment and I do not do birds. (Except with a gun or in my crockpot).
L-R Me, Miranda, Renee, Jenny
-We said goodbye this morning to two shuttles from Nebraska. Renee is a small animal veterinarian and she brought her teenage daughter Miranda. I only knew them for a day but they seem like good people.
-Jenny is my housemate from Australia. She is serving in Mongolia for a year so keep her in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment