Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mongolia Update 6/25/12

Ulaanbadrakh

We held English class for about 12 students today. They are excited to learn and some are quite good. One little girl, Dulguun, had a stomachache. Tsegii asked me to take her aside and pray with her and never have I wished more that I could speak the same language! However, I reminded myself that Jesus speaks Mongolian so when I prayed, I asked Him to speak to her for me. Dulguun sat by me, then eventually I picked her up and held her on my lap. She cuddled up to me and I hoped that she could feel True Love through me. She's such a sweet kid and always calls me name when she sees me; I wish that I could pronounce hers.
Playing "Red Light, Green Light" with the kids outside of the school

English Class

Hard at work

Naraa let me try on the dell from her khantaaz, the traditional clothing of Mongolians

Naraa in her dell. She will wear it on Naadam

Dulguun and I

Naraa playing basketball with the kids

More basketball

 A cluster of ghers just to the southeast of town

Evening sun

This evening, we played soccer and basketball with the kids for a couple of hours. I am so out of shape. But the kids had a great time and we had fun too so that is what matters.
Tonight, we discussed Romans 6-8, 1 Corinthians 13, and 1 Peter before going to bed. Naraa said that 1 Peter 2:13-15 made her think of the school principal and how although she is being difficult, we need to obey her rules whether we like it or not. Chagrined, I said that the passage made me think of the principal too and I really didn't want to read something like that right now! Sometimes, I think submission to authorities is one of the hardest things we are asked to do as Christians.

 **1 Peter 2:13-15  "Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men."

No comments:

Post a Comment