Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mongolia Update 6/23/12

Ulaanbadrakh

Saturday....a day of sleeping in, late devotions, time spend growing together. Enkmaa, Bhynaa's daughter, came by for me to teach her English. This was Tsegii and Bhynaa's idea. Enkmaa is in 11th grade which I believe is Mongolia's highest grade in high school. She seems to be a willing student and is even coming for lessons tomorrow. We played Dutch Blitz for a good hour after lunch. I am still not used to the strange meal times here. Lunch today was a bit before four in the afternoon! Tsegii, Tsogoo, and I went and visited the shower lady this evening. She is going to come for lunch tomorrow and Tsegii said we can give her a Bible!
One of the beautiful sunsets in Ulaanbadrakh
Ghers in the moonlight
Tonight, it is raining a little bit. I saw the most beautiful scene this morning: a large flock of sheep and goats grazing just to the south of us, the herder loping his horse past them to move the stragglers. To me, it was a scene of ancient beauty; one that has hardly changed in thousands of years. Tonight, I can still see the herd grazing in the desert and it makes me think of Biblical Israel. I wish I had taken a picture.
We have canned peaches! Refrigerated, they're amazingly refreshing

No comments:

Post a Comment