Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mongolia Update 7/1/12

Zuunbayan, Dornogovi

Wow, how did it get to be July so fast? I can almost feel the summer slipping through my fingers. We slept till eight this morning and were at the church about 10:45. Church started at eleven with about 45 minutes of singing. I was glad they did "All in All" because I could sing it in English. Tsogoo was kind enough to sing the chorus in English with me. Which I suppose makes up for him telling me at the beginning that it was a different song. Haha. I told him it's not nice to play tricks on people in church.
For the message this morning, I gave my testimony and he translated. It was hot and I was a bit nervous so my palms were slick by the time we finished singing. Then there was the offering, another song and prayer and at 12:20, church was over. I think I counted 12 people in attendance and five were our team.







Then we waited till about one and had children's church for an hour. Lots of little ones came and they seemed to have a good time.




Later Same Day
I forgot to mention last night that we now have electricity. It is so nice to be able to have hot tea and lights at night. My bed is definitely not trustworthy. Urynga is the only one who hasn't "broken" it so far. Tsogoo gave me money for a shower today. I'm not sure if he was being nice because he knew how bad I wanted one or if he was tactfully trying to say I need one. Haha. (Neither actually. The money was from our per diem and Sunday is shower day here.) It feels really good to be clean again.

No comments:

Post a Comment