Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mongolia Update 7/3/12

Zuunbayan

This thing of getting very little sleep is starting to get really old, really fast. I only got maybe 3 1/2 hours last night and I have no idea why. Tsogoo is worried about me not sleeping so we are planning to go back to UB a day early so I can rest. I argued with him for probably an hour over it because to me it feels like I am cutting out early. I finally saw I don't have much choice though and gave in. It hurt to consent to leave Friday after class. I later realized I was fortunate he didn't take me back tomorrow as he had suggested and that my stubbornness and defiance were probably hurtful to someone who is only trying to take care of me so I thanked him for letting me stay until Friday. Not exactly an apology, I know.
I helped Temuujin with English class this morning. The first class, I physically broke up two students who were starting to fight before class had even started. We had three more fights during class. In one, a student whacked another boy in the head with his text book. What a change from Ulaanbadrakh! However, many are very bright; some too smart for their own good. A couple of the boys worked so fast they got every page in the lesson for today completed and then had nothing to do. A couple of girls brought their little brothers with them. The littlest guy fell asleep at his sister's desk. It was cute but also sort of sad that such a young girl had to bring her toddler brother to English class.
2nd level English class



1st level English class playing "Button Button, Who's Got the Button"



Later Same Day
It seems like everyone but me has had a "bad stomach" on this trip. Praise God that I haven't! By the way, I have apologized now and Tsogoo accepted it. This evening, I went with the girls to visit Selenge. I took along the crossstitch piece I was working on which gave me something to do while the other girls crocheted. Selenge showed me a beautiful crossstitch of grapes she has done; so much better than mine. She was very kind about my bird though and I'm pretty happy with it since it is my first large piece. Her life must be so difficult yet she is always smiling. I admire her so much.
Tsogoo, the girls, and I played badminton tonight. I am an absolutely awful player but it was still fun.
Tsoomoo and Selenge after church Sunday

Tsogoo

Urynga....note that you can see the birdie at the top

Tsoomoo

See.....I'm terrible at this haha

Pretty sky

No comments:

Post a Comment