Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mongolia Update 6/22/12

Ulaanbadrakh

Another day of English class. I feel so much better. Tsegii had me teach part of the class and i felt like it went pretty well. I got a shower after class and felt wonderfully clean until a sandstorm came along this evening. This evening, some of our team played basketball with the kids and I sat on the steps with about three little girls. Ishtaa and two whose names I can't understand. I tried to do a bit of English review with them and they had great fun trying to teach me new Mongolian words. They are quite the little performers too and took turns singing for me. It was so cute. One little girl, probably about six or seven years old, came over and laid her head in my lap. Oh, to be as trusting and joyful as a child. Us girls on the team went visiting tonight as well. I speak little to none of the language and it still amazes me how kind the Mongolian people are to foreigners. They served us milk tea, of course, and while it's still not my favorite, it was definitely more palatable. The grandpa of the house, Sharwaa, said since I don't speak Mongolian, if I spoke Russian we could talk. :) Sadly, I don't know any Russian.
Showers in Ulaanbadrakh

The girls and I

Kherlan and her little buddy




One of the little girls singing for me
I did laundry today and it feels good to be in clean clothes. One quickly forgets what cleanliness feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment