Friday, July 13, 2012

In Transit- First Mongolia Update 6/9/12

At DIA

The lady at the ticket counter was so nice. She checked my bags all the way through with no problem and was just generally cheerful and helpful. There are few people [in the airport] today and we were plenty early so Mom and I go a personal pepperoni pizza and a lemonade from Domino's. It was nice to spend a bit more time with her before I left. Security was a breeze which improved my mood all the more. As I walked to my gate, I saw an old French fry at the end of a moving walkway and each bump caused it to jump like a worm. It was silly but it brought a smile to my face. I feel so at peace right now and everything is going so well. Thank you, Lord!

LAX 11:30p.m. 9 hours after leaving the house

On the plane in LA, ready to head across the Pacific!

Well, my good mood pretty much disappeared when we got to LA. The signage is terrible and confusing and there is no one to help. The few people who are supposed to help you speak very poor English and just added to my confusion. I got so lost and finally found ticket lines for China Airlines. The line was very long and slow. I finally got to the front and learned that I needed Air China instead. I had been stressed before but this just made it worse. I got directions and ran in what I hoped was the right direction. The terminals don't go in order and I walked/ran nearly the whole airport until I found the Air China booth. Once again it was a long line but thankfully this one moved a fair bit faster than the China Airlines one. I got a very nice attendant who even gave me the option of a window seat...my favorite. In the security line up, I realized that I needed to turn all of this over to Jesus and trust Him and not rely on my own strength to get through this. That is so hard for me to do! My sister was incredibly support for me tonight. I would have lost it completely if it wasn't for her. Thank you, El! Security was quick and easy. My gate was close by so I grabbed my Starbucks favorite before sitting down. Thank you, Jesus, for getting me through.
Sunrise viewed on my flight to China
It is worth noting that when I was walking from the ticket counter to security, i felt so discouraged and tired that I wanted nothing more than to turn around and go home even though it would mean I had failed. Immediately, I realized that this was not of God and I remembered all the ways He had shown that this trip was His will. So I prayed that He would give me peace and went forward, still upset but not ready to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment